Less than a week after settling a lawsuit with former Bad Boy artist Cassie which accused him of rape, Sean “Diddy” Combs is facing more sexual assault allegations.
In a complaint filed on Thursday in New York Supreme Court and obtained by Variety, Joi Dickerson-Neal alleged that Combs “drugged, sexually assaulted and abused” her and that she was the victim of “revenge porn” created and distributed by the rapper. The suit — which also names Combs’ companies Bad Boy Entertainment and and Combs Enterprises as defendants — was filed under the Adult Survivors Act, which allowed alleged victims of sexual abuse a one-year period to file civil suits for offenses beyond the typical statute of limitations. Thursday marked the final day to file a complaint under the act.
According to the complaint, Dickerson-Neal and Combs met while she was a student at Syracuse University in 1991 and she agreed to attend a dinner with him after appearing in one of his music videos. The suit then alleges that Combs “intentionally drugged” Dickerson-Neal during the dinner, sexually assaulted her, recorded it on video and shared the tape with others. Dickerson-Neal is suing Combs for “substantial and lifetime injuries” that she says resulted from the alleged assault, including “severe depression and suicide ideation.” Dickerson-Neal is demanding a trial by jury and compensation for alleged “mental and emotional injury, distress, pain and suffering and injury to her reputation,” according to the complaint.
Representatives for Combs and his businesses did not immediately respond to Variety‘s request for comment. However, in a statement to CNN, a spokesperson for Combs called the allegations “made up and not credible,” adding that the suit is “purely a money grab.”
“This last-minute lawsuit is an example of how a well-intentioned law can be turned on its head,” the spokesperson told CNN. “Mr. Combs never assaulted her, and she implicates companies that did not exist.”
The new lawsuit follows one filed last week by Casandra Ventura, aka Cassie, in which she alleged that Combs raped and beat her over the course of a decade. Combs denied the allegations. Just one day after the suit was filed, Ventura and Combs reached a settlement.
“I have decided to resolve this matter amicably on terms that I have some level of control. I want to thank my family, fans and lawyers for their unwavering support,” Ventura said in a statement at the time.
“We have decided to resolve this matter amicably. I wish Cassie and her family all the best. Love,” Combs added.
In a follow-up statement, Combs’ attorney Ben Brafman said, “Just so we’re clear, a decision to settle a lawsuit, especially in 2023, is in no way an admission of wrongdoing. Mr. Combs’ decision to settle the lawsuit does not in any way undermine his flat-out denial of the claims. He is happy they got to a mutual settlement and wishes Ms. Ventura the best.”
#Sean #Diddy #Combs #Hit #Lawsuit #Alleging #Sexual #Assault